absurd pressures figures was: atomization enhancement

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri May 7 19:04:58 GMT 1999

 When I see an injector which
>> as a breaking pressure of 1600 bar, I will have no difficulty in
>> believing that the system produces that pressure.  ;-)          H.W.
>>

>The Bosch book says that their systems use between 350 and 1600 bar and
>doesn't say anything wich car make uses what pressure.
>
>Sorry but I have not changed my mind :)

Don't be sorry, you are absolutely right.

I have not looked up the injector pressures yet, but, from the Bosch bible--

Diesel Fuel Injection
Bosch # 1-987-723-602
ISBN # 1-56091-5420

Page 55
for PE type in-line fuel pumps
Type-------------Maximum rated pressure
M----------------400 bar (four hundred bar)
A----------------600 bar (six hundred bar)
MW------------900 bar (nine hundred bar)
P1--3000-------800 bar (eight hundred bar)
p7100--8000--1150 bar (one thousand one hundred fifty bar)

No misprints in the book or in my post, and _NO_ there are no missing
decimals in my post, either.  Wrote out the numbers to save any outhouse
lawyers any more nonsense/bandwidth on the subject. These numbers are in
table form on page 55 of the Bosch book, but they are also stated , and the
same, in other locations in the book. So it is well beyond highly doubtful
that these numbers are incorrect!!

Regards, Greg