New Member (me) Introduction

GARY hobiegary at earthlink.net
Fri May 7 21:50:26 GMT 1999

Greeting and Salutations Fellows,

I am honored to have your attention.  After looking at some of the
archives, I see I am in the company of a distinguished group of scholars
and their colleagues.  Though I don't expect to be able to meet the
level of expertise and education of most of you on the list, I do feel
that my input might be of interest if nothing else.

I will describe myself here and then make a couple of separate posts
describing my quest.  That way, if the post is quoted when answered, you
won't have to re-read all of this particular post.

I am a self taught mechanic as my hobby.  I have a Subaru.  I am trained
in electricity but my electronic knowledge is very limited.  But at
least I have some general knowledge which helps me to understand a lot
of what is discussed here.  It will hopefully allow me to digest any
help offered to me as well.

I just work on my own cars, don't do any repairs for others.  I like to
improve my car's performance where possible.

I have two quests to ask you all about.  One is about a computer glitch
existent in some Subarus, the other a modification I'd like to do.

If I see where I can be of help to any of you, I'll take that
opportunity.  But judging by the quality of the posts I've read from the
list, I don't expect to be of much help.  Still, I'll be a good pupil,
'promise.

Well that's about it for now.  I'll follow with two posts, one for each
of my queries.

Thanks for listening (looking).
GARY       mailto:hobiegary at earthlink.net