Hessitation in Late Model Subarus

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Sat May 8 04:21:27 GMT 1999

Gary,

 Knock sensor torque is "extremely" important. Overtorque is going to make
the sensor over "sensitive" to any noises. From your post it sounds like
you've tried the retorque thing--tried mounting with teflon tape ? Another
fix is to isolate the source of the engine noises--ever try a synthetic lube
? Problem with motor mounts ? Driveline noise being translated through to
the knock sensor ?

I'll have to check the TSB list at the shop for their "fix".

Lyndon
IP TECH
LWester at compuserve.com