Hessitation in Late Model Subarus

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Sat May 8 14:54:11 GMT 1999

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> That's not the problem as I see it.  It's seeing a knock you don't want it
> to see.
> That is a problem with all these dumb acoustic sensors, only cure is going
> to ionization kknock detection, please refer to the archives and search ION.

I don't actually believe there is anything wrong with the idea of a
acoustic knock sensor, I really believe that most of the issues are
with crude way they are doing it (simple filter).  I believe using a
acoustic sensor and DSP and some code using a better algorithm would
do alot better in removing other noises.     I would also think you
could do miss detection using this method also, ie listen for each
cylinder igintion and count the ones you missed.     Now I just need
to put a mic on my engine and collected and figure out how to
process the data in such a way to get meaningful data.

			Roger