What chip is this??

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat May 8 16:15:45 GMT 1999

At 09:03 AM 5/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am a newbie to this group, and to FI in general.
>
>I have an ECM (16025321) from an '83 6 cyl. camaro.
>The PROM has a bunch of numbers after the DELCO 512K...
>
>8317 3061 06630 CE1024.
>
>What PROM device is this? Also, this chip does not have
>a window like other EPROMS. I assume I can erase it with
>my device programmer just the same, or copy the bin to
>another EPROM, but I can't read it correctly until I
>know what device it is.

Mike,
GM didn't use EEPROMS until recently, if it's an 83 and has no window, then
it is a standard PROM (not EPROM) and is not eraseable.
Not sure why it says 512K... nothing that early used that size prom... It's
most likely an 82S181.  How many pins does the prom chip have?
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!