Hessitation in Late Model Subarus

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 01:47:32 GMT 1999

>I did this when I had a Buick 215 in my Vega.  I mounted a magnetic sensor
>from an old Corvette transistor ignition in the Buick dizzy and an HEI
>module mounted to a heat sink behind the headlight.
>
>Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

I did this on a Dodge pickup that kept getting me stranded with burned out
ignition components (the box and the ballast resistor both). A connected an
HEI module to the magnetic pickup plug on the stock Dodge distributor. I put
the HEI module in a small aluminum enclosure with a red light on it so I
would know it had power. And used a HEI external coil from a 6 cylinder.
Truck ran better and never stranded me again due to ignition problems.