L-jetronic mods

DC Smith dcsmith at bytes.net
Mon May 10 14:01:38 GMT 1999

James,
 I ran a non-intercooled turbo Buick for years. (didn't see a
intercooler listed) Knock city on a hot day at under 10 lbs of boost
with 93 octane in the tank. It wasn't because the car was lean, it was
because of the temp of the charge entering the motor. Are you sure it
needs more fuel? Do you have a scan tool that'll give you some O2
numbers? Maybe a EGT meter?
 I can't help you with tweaking the Bosch injection, (maybe bigger
injectors?) but there are a few things all turbo motors need to be able
to crank it up. Also, if there is any oil getting burned at all, it will
knock down the octane kick of your fuel considerably. Just a few ideas.

Take care

 Major snipage to follow.. :)

James Seabolt wrote:

> Hello. I'm new to the list (sort of), so forgive me this subject has been
> covered before.
>
> I installed a custom turbo system on my 1980 Fiat Spider. Building the
> system was a task itself but getting the engine to resist detontation has
> been an uphill battle. If detonation is as destructive as what everybody
> describes, then my engine would have been toast months ago because my
> engine has shown no ill effects. So far anyway.

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.13 at 112     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:dcsmith at bytes.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral