alternative engines, WARPED

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue May 11 21:03:35 GMT 1999

Teller.John at orbital.com wrote:

> Shannen wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
> >> But--I LIKE 3310's!!
> >>
> >> Greg
> >
> >Gol durn leak prone, fragile, empty tank inducing things.  They're not
> >my favorite metered leak.
> >If you could recover the time you've spent overhauling and tuning
> >Holleys, how much would you have?
> >Shannen
>
> About the same time you may have spent overhauling Quadrajets - talk about empty
> tank inducing things!
>
> --- John T.
Yep, they've got a bad rep too.  I happen to like them, but they
definitely have faults.  Lotsa Q-jets leak at the metering well
plugs.  Lots more get poorly tuned.  I've seen some pretty strange
stuff done to those carbs, by guys who didn't understand 'em.  I'm
sure they'd recommend the deep hole treatment to me for my RPD "junk".
: )
Shannen