RPM independence

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed May 12 15:51:10 GMT 1999

-> was in effect a computer (a mechanical computer).  It took far more
-> intelligence in my opinion to design this one part than to program
-> look up tables which can be done by trial and error, or by a simple
-> feedback system.  I believe I could sit here and flow chart out and

 "Program" lookup tables?  "Feedback" system?  When Bosch designed the
L-Jet, computers were capital investments that weren't particularly
portable, and there were no O2 sensors, though there was some primitive
exhaust gas analysis stuff - not particularly portable either.

 "Gee, why did Paul Revere run around on his horse flapping some
lanterns?  Couldn't he have just emailed everyone?"