alternative engines, WARPED

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Wed May 12 21:16:34 GMT 1999

>I hear ya Harold, makes sense to me...
>
>However I have a Dana 60 with the 4.10's and it takes a bit longer to
>swap out the gears in that baby, it'd probably be quicker to swap ou
>tthe entire rearend!?
>
>Good idea though.  My friend with another 70 Bee which DOES have a Dana
>swapped his 4.10's out for some 3.23's and MAN does it HAUL on the
>highway!

VERY INTERESTING!!! Especially since the tallest gear set Spicer ever made
for a 60 is 3.54!! and the tallest set I know of, aftermarket, for a 60 is
3.33 (33 : 11), and not a very good one at all! (Look at the tooth count if
you wonder why it is not a bright combo!) Where did he get his gears??
Taller gears are around for Dana 61's, but they were not made in 1970!!
There simply isn't enough room for a 13 tooth pinion in a 60!!

Regards, Greg