Found 454/502 truck prom

AL8001 at aol.com AL8001 at aol.com
Thu May 13 12:45:48 GMT 1999

In a message dated 99-05-12 22:48:43 EDT, nacelp at bright.net writes:

>Who/what is a Jim Pace?
>I don't see any prom numbers that start with other than, 16 ------
>Do you have a Broad Cast Code?.
>Is this using the 747 ecm?.
>Bruce

Jim Pace sells GM factory performance parts.  1-888-748-4675
www.paceparts.com   430 Youngstown rd  Niles Ohio 44446

This is from  page 16 of the 1999 catqlog.

"The conversion kit parts are intended for 91-93 Chevy GMC 10,20,30 series
trucks originally equiped with a 454 TBI engine and 4L80E auto transmission"

I don't know what ECM is stock for a 91-93 truck.  The 12366556 PROM may be a
performance parts only PN, don't have a broadcast code.  It must also be used
with a 18LB fuel reg kit# 17113186.

Page 14 shows the engine availible by it self 12371054.  It states " The
HT502 is intended for 1970 and eariler Chev and GMC 20, 30 series trucks.
The HT502 is not intended for use with electronic fuel injection.  When used
with EFI, under certain heavy load and high altitude conditions, engine
damage may occur due to lean fuel mixture condition."

I would tend to think the above is not recommended for a unmodified EFI
system.  ( since it's MAP/speed/density the ECM would never see the larger
engine properly.)

Harold