alternative engines, WARPED

Bill Edgeworth bedgew at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 13 14:59:50 GMT 1999

I have not been following this thread but I believe the mopar 8-3/4 axle is
common for that car and compared to a stock 9" casing is about the same strength
( I am not comparing it to the nodular 9" stuff) High strength axles can be had
for a very reasonable price from Moser. Ratios are available from the 2's to 5's.
If you are producing 450+ HP I recommend aftermarket axles for the 8-3/4 (I have
broke them in a big block A body with that HP)
Bill Edgeworth