Misc Electronics / barrier coat / reverse cool./ Part2

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Thu May 13 20:35:34 GMT 1999

> I'd be willing to leave the intake runner, and back side of the valve undone

I would be more incliined to do the trunner and leave just the valve back

> Do the combustion chamber (cylinder head, and piston top).

> Exhaust valve, face, and backside.

be careful around the valve seats
you want heat to conduct there

> Then the exhaust runner
> Then the exhaust manifold inside and out.
> Barrier coat the bottom of the intake manifold to keep the oil heat off of
> it.
> What's wrong/right with this picture
> Block too large for oven so is a no doer

get a larger oven
maybe a powder coating place would help you out on this

if you could do the block the only areas that would be an improvement would be
the cam/lifter valley, inside the timing cover, and the back inside the B/H
mount
this will force heat in the water jackets to radiate to the outside of the
engine
ubut may make the oil run hotter (can usa an oil cooler for this)

Clive