Modifying OBD-II systems

G. Scott Ponton gscottp at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 14 03:47:29 GMT 1999

Mostly what they have been doing with the OBDII stuff is replacing the PCM
with a 95 unit. The 95 unit can be programmed by several sources. The other
popular convertion around here (Dallas) is the Accel DFI unit. Accel makes a
dedicated harness which plugs into the stock engine sensors and injecters
etc.
    Personally I am slowly Collecting the needed equipment and knowledge to
try my hand at programming the OBDII units. I am told there is someone out
there who is supposed to be selling software and cables etc. soon. Problem
is the rumor mill says it's BIG BUCKS. I guess they figure the normal DIY's
aren't capable of using their software or they just want to make sure it's a
limited source.
    As I find out more I will post.

Scott

P.S. I haven't forgotten the info on my ignition convertion. Just been to
busy to sit down an write and dig up 10 year old notes. Will be posting this
info soon.