SAAB DI coils - was Re: "ION" information ...

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sat May 15 23:49:29 GMT 1999

Well, 4862093 is a conceptial diagram, and certainly
good enough to describe what's happening, but the difference
between a conceptial circuit and an actual schematic
with transistor type numbers etc...

I was wondering if anyone has had a look at a real SAAB
ION-sense module and come up with a real schematic. I ask
this because I read in the archives that there were a few
of these SAAB modules floating around (some time ago) and
someone was going to check it out (but I could find no
reference of this actually happening). Jim Crance's
email made me wonder if the modules he has are the ION-sense
versions.

I also understand that the later SAAB ION-sense modules
are potted and impossible to actually get into.

Anyway, I don't really want a SAAB module, but a real
life schematic of an ION-sense circuit so I can start
playing with it on my 68HC11 ignition controller.

PG.

Peter Gargano     peter at mail.techedge.com.au
   http://www.techedge.com.au/teinfo.htm
Ph: +61 2 6251 5519     Fax: +61 2 6251 6646