BMFC, Tiiming, and Coatings

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Sun May 16 16:10:38 GMT 1999

I have no faith in some kind of coating--just like I have no faith in Teflon
additives...instead of coating the undersides of pistons, or coating the
interior of an engine--polishing the interiors smooth would have a greater
effect of oil return, and less oil "dwell".  As far as piston ring
manufacturers go--gapless piston rings and improper end gaps will always
yield differing results. You can make anything look good on a
dyno--depending on operator.

Lyndon IPTECH