BMFC, Tiiming, and Coatings

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun May 16 23:40:53 GMT 1999

Well, in answer to the last question, ceramic thermal barrier coatings
stick in the combustion chamber.  They've been around for years, and
are starting to gain popularity.  Here's a company that makes DIY
coatings, which some list members have used succesfully.
http://www.deskmedia.com/~techline/Index.html

I have thermal barrier coatings and dry film lubricant in an engine I
run daily, and have had mixed results.  DFL is available on piston
skirts through TRW, and GM is now applying it to pistons for the 3.1l
engine.

Shannen