O2 Volts

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue May 18 01:31:50 GMT 1999

Per several off list letters I checked/doubled checked/thriple checked
grounds and power for this bit of history.
   I noted the following, using a 4 wire heated O2 sensor.  (General Motors)
With no power to heater, 0.0v.   For approximately 30secs 0.0, and then
quickly rose to .1v, then then slowly climbed higher.
When hot, there was a nominal voltage of .28v at the O2 sensor lead wire.
Exposing this sensor to 97% O2 (Medical Grade O2, as tested this am) it
drifted to .030.-.032v.
Exposing this sensor to the Butane from a cigarette lighter that was unlit
immediately responded with a display of .7v......
Your O2 sensor is a HC Sensor...
Bruce and the staff at CSH, HQ