Current/New ION information

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Wed May 19 00:22:54 GMT 1999

That's an interesting article.  They show the best PPP to be around 15
degrees ATDC, over a range of RPM and load, to maximize torque.  Total
torque is the pressure integrated over the horizontal component of the
crank position, so if the burn rate of the engine varies the PPP could
also vary?

I wonder if Robert or someone else with a combustion/Heywood book can
comment on determining the best PPP  (peak pressure position, the crank
angle when max cylinder pressure is reached).

--steve