Limited cooling space

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Wed May 19 20:38:53 GMT 1999

The coffee mug experiment does not duplicate the radiator conditions.  It is
no surprise that water that travels through a few feet of hose and a spray
head is cooler than water that does not.  In the radiator, the average
residence time is the same each way, 3x speed for 3x distance vs. 1x speed
for 1x distance.

Wouldn't the OEM's build radiators this way if it were better?  Of course
they would make it smaller to save money for the same cooling.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>