EGR?

Todd Israels israels at MNSi.Net
Thu May 20 01:26:08 GMT 1999

At 04:49 PM 5/19/99 PDT, you wrote:
>What is the purpose of an EGR and why is it used.  I'm trying to decide if I
>should connect the EGR for my street hot rod.

	From my understanding EGR basicaly takes up space and lowers combustion
temperature helping emmisions.  I am not sure of the effect on detonation
if the engine is prone to this but suspect it is not positive.  The other
effect is lots of carbon(black gunk) buildup in the intake that tends to
cause driveability problems when IAC pasages are pluged.
	I personaly wouldnt use EGR if I dident need to.

			Todd Israels