Mr Helmholz - simple model

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Thu May 20 21:04:04 GMT 1999

I understand what you're saying David, however, I have personal
first hand experience on the benificial attributes of octane booster,
104+ to be exact...

     I took my 1972 Jaguar XJ455 to the test-n-tune night at the
dragstrip quite a while back, it was the first time this car had been to
the track with the 455 Buick engine in it...

     I ran a few runs doing various sorts of burnouts in order to get
enough traction to make a pretty consistent and best E.T. of 14.6 at 89
mph.

     I THEN proceeded to put the 104+ octane booster in the tank shich
already had 93 octane super unleaded in it, no other changes were
made....

     I then proceeded to not EVER gain traction for the rest of the
night, about 5 runs in all with the octane boost in the tank, E.T. NEVER
even dropped to mid 14's again! Due to wheel spin....

     ALSO, I had a Rochester off of a 1970 Chev 350 truck on it as well
as NO O2 sensors or any other sensors on that engine nor were there any
Cats... It DOES have some QUITE puny lil 1 3/4 exhasut that came on the
Jag from the factory for the straight 6 cylinders dual exhaust system.
The oringinal 455's exhaust was 2.25 inch, I had to adapt it down in
order to work with the already existing full dual exhaust on the Jag...

     I DID have spark plugs, but to this day I STILL have the same plugs
in the thing.... No probs yet.. I DID install HEI between those runs and
now, the car runs a LOT better with the HEI than it did with the points,
I'm SURE that the HEI helped in saving the plugs from an earlier demise
than the points ignition would've... ey?

     This IS first hand experience that I experienced with my VERY own
eyes... ALSO, the 72 Buick engine probably had higher compression than
most of the tiny/powerless engine's of today... I DID say 'MOST', not
ALL, but 510 ft lbs. is QUITE a chunk of torque for ANY engine from the
factory...  Will post a couple of the slips from that night as soon as I
find em....

Can't remember what the 60 or 660 ft times were, we'll see....

LATER!

Todd....!!