alternative engines, now Hemi

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sat May 22 07:15:31 GMT 1999

> power stroke since no heat is absorbed by a cooling system.  I would think
> this would actually increase propensity for detonation.

I'm speaking out of my ass here, so hold your nose.  I would *thing* or
*guess* that even with the higher heat inside the combustion chamber, if
ceramics and polimers and composites don't absorb heat, when the
explosion leaves out the exhaust valve, little heat would be retained,
unlike iron, steel, and other metals, thus detonation might not be a big
deal.

Though again, I'm thinking aloud here.