alternative engines, now Hemi

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Sat May 22 14:29:52 GMT 1999

OK, you guys convinced me.  My thought was that during the few milliseconds
of flame travel, less heat would be absorbed by the head and piston.  It
stands to reason that the amount of heat actually absorbed during this
period is very small.  Once the flame front has passed and the power stroke
begins, the threat of detonation has passed.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

> At 10:05 PM 5/21/99 -0400, Gary Derian wrote:
> >Engine research using ceramics is headed toward an adiabatic engine.
That