94 Truck dilemma

Ken-Arne Jensen ken at staff.cs.uit.no
Wed May 26 06:35:26 GMT 1999

Hi Carl								May 26 1999

> Hi People,
>          I have spent an entire day trying to diagnose a problem, to no
> avail.  When the engine starts it runs fine for approx 10 seconds,then starts
> running extremely rich.....I then rev it up to "clean" it out and block
> learns and integrators are reasonable (123-125) then gradually returning to

  < stuff deleted>

> Customer had just come from muffler shop and had new o2 sensor, y pipe and
> cat back system installed since previous shop had told him he had a plugged
> cat.

You should check the new O2 sensor and connections. You don't tell if these
problems started after this service though, but a defective O2 sensor
might very well give these kinds of problems.

--Ken-Arne

//// Ken-Arne Jensen              // E-Mail: ken at staff.cs.uit.no             /
/// Computer Science Department  // URL: http://www.cs.uit.no/~ken          //
// University of Tromsø         // Phone: +47-776-44042                    ///
/ N-9000 Tromsø, NORWAY        // Fax: 44054 (barcode="ken at staff.cs.ui")  ////