Ignition retard knock sensor.

d houlton x0710 tc75918 at hpra5.msc.az.boeing.com
Wed May 26 15:43:39 GMT 1999

Falb, John wrote:

> I'm having a serious problem with knock on my turbo'd engine.  To the
> point I'm actually considering dishing out the $400 - $500 (or more)
> for the J&S knock sensor system.
> <snip>
>

> You can get it for more like 250.00 from J&S, and yes they work. But they

Do you happen to have a contact for them?  I've done a net search and found
2 or 3 places selling them.  All were around $389 - $399 for the module and
another $100 - $120 or so for the optional meter if you wanted it.

> are not a good solution for a constantly knocking engine. They will retard
> too much and take too long to recover. They really shine when you have
> occasional knock and don't want to harm the engine.

That's just what I'm looking for.  Occasional knock when I whack the
throttle open and boost jumps to 8 or 9 psi.  Slowly opening the throttle
and gradually hitting 8 or 9 psi doesn't knock nearly so bad.

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com
http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/amigo.htm