alternative engines, now Hemi

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Thu May 27 16:05:38 GMT 1999

Gotta love them overheads!

My Mitsu Eclipse Turbo 5-speed is one piece of work...  The 4 cams are
all ROLLER cams, and the thing is lifter-less!  The rollers are in the
middle of the rockers!  The cam rides right on top of the rocker arm
rollers themselves!  ALL 16 of em!

Guess what happens when a lil unsee-able hydraulic adjuster mechanism on
the opposite side from the valve on under the rocker arm getss worn or
gets crap in it?

The thing clatters like I don't know what!  Like it's not gettin oil
pressure or somethin!

That's my current delimma with my Eclipse, the lil adjusters are
supposedly $20 each! Times 16 of em puts me WAY over budget for that
car, that's one of the reasons I'm drivin the Superbee to work n back,
I'd like to see a part that breaks cost more than $200 on my Bee!  My
ENTIRE friggin 440 didn't even cost more than $135 from the junk yard!

The Eclipse also could use another transaxle, have a crank in this
one...  That'll be fun to pull again, just replaced the clutch and
timing belt within the past year... Oh what fun it is to have a foriegn
car in your lot!

LATER!

Todd....!!