Prowler V6

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Thu May 27 22:38:04 GMT 1999

> 30% more from a 200HP engine would be 260...  50% more would be 300

Maybe Todd and I should split a calculator :)

> Nope... They try so hard to cut costs that MOST engines are built at the
> ragged edge of holding together anymore...

I've learned this the hard way unfortunately.

> 30% over stock without new crank, rods etc, and the 4.6 has been the ONLY V8
> stang motor for the last 2-3 years.

I actually like the motor... was going to use one in my mid-engine car
project, with a Paxton.  Nice and simple.

> TONS of cash dumped into the car.  I know plenty of Stang owners that would
> love to see 400HP without buying a complete new engine.

Not to be opposite, but I find that hard to believe, especially with a
transplanted 302 or 351... both are decent designs and have more to
give.