alternative engines, now Hemi

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Fri May 28 17:47:36 GMT 1999

> There may be more 400's BB Mopes than 440's in certain junkyards...

It depends on where you live.  Up here the roads are predominately
later model FWD vehicles, therefore that's what the yards keep longer
cuz they can sell parts.

> Which would you prefer?

I am undecided.  The 440 weighs slightly more than the 383/400, but
not enough that the additional cubes would work out just fine.
Though, considering I put 100 hours into modifying my carb intake to
support TPI, fabricated an aluminum plenum, well, might as well stick
with the 383 or 400.  So I imagine I just answered my own "undecided".

Though the 440 has bigger crank journals :)

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)