Getting loans.. (WAY off topic)

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri May 28 19:02:55 GMT 1999

Previously, you (Todd....!!) wrote:
> If ya calulate the interest on a $1,000 loan with an APR of, what, 10%
> MAX.
>
> Multiply $1,000 by 10%, this equals $100, then divide the $100 by 12
> months in a year, this gives ya about $10/mo interest MAX.

I think you may be forgetting that this is compounded interest

using the rule of 72 the time required for the interest to double
is 7.2 years which is around $11.58

> The entire loan only lasts about 6 weeks so thats about $15 MAX for
> interest, however, since the loan is a SECURED loan SECURED with CASH
> MONEY in THEIR BANK, the interest rate should be less than a normal
> unsecured loans' interest would be... so the interest lost would be
> minimal...

once you remove that deposit from the bank the loan is no longer a
secured loan. most banks ask that a deposit use as collatural be
"hypothicated"(sp??) which means it's still yours but you can't have
it. ( I bought a house while unemployed, the house was $120K, we
had $70k, and the bank made us deposit $10k and hypothicate the 10K
as security for mortgage payments) weird but true

> THEN we must look at the BIG picture, we're building a repore with a
> bank which in the end will allow us to borrow money thru unsecured
> loans, which will allow us to purchase propertis that we would otherwise
> be unable to purchase....

banks up here have NO LOYALTY you are a cash cow once your milked off to
the slaughterhouse

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8