Intake Air Temperature

Ord Millar ord at aei.ca
Sun May 30 21:31:39 GMT 1999

I recently did a lot of worth with a temperature sensor in liquids - and a
sensor in flowing liquid has a time constant of 5 seconds or so (time to
reach 90% of the new value).  The TC for most sheathed  temperature sensors
in air is 30-90 seconds.  The problem is that dry air has low heat capacity
compared to solids or liquids, and gases are poor conductors of heat.