Prowler V6

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon May 31 03:50:37 GMT 1999

Todd....!! wrote:

> I've heard that most s.b. chev 4-bolt main blocks had forged cranks, but
> this hasn't been sildified/proven yet to me anyways, anybody?
>
> I'm Just a wonderinnnnnnn fooooooooooooooo.............!!
>
> LATER!
>
> Todd....!!

Bad rumor to put any faith in.  Many 4 bolt Chevys are cast crank.
Post 86, only steel cranks are in LT1, LT4, and ZZx series engines
(ok, ok, smallblock, 5.7, gen II engines).  Also use powdered
connecting rods, prone to sudden failure rather than bending, but much
stronger until they break. ; )  Ligenfelter Perf. Engineering is
selling some of this stuff that they pulled at low mileage to build
some stronger engines.

If you're tracking down rumors, ever hear of the 1969 4 bolt 327
Chebbie?  Rumors are that it was a Canadian built engine.
Shannen