61 Corvette TPI Conversion

Joe Gervais gervais at rtrman.engr.sgi.com
Mon May 31 06:49:07 GMT 1999

On May 30, 10:58pm, Dan Plaskett wrote:
> Subject: 61 Corvette TPI Conversion

> I spent the day at the junk yard and got an entire wiring harness out of a
> 88 Cutlass and a ecm 1227727 for $10.48.  I am now about ready to start
> converting my 61 Corvette to a TPI.  I still need a knock sensor, and I'm
> not sure what to do about the throttle position sensor, etc.  What do I need
> to hook up so that this thing will run in a closed loop?  Everything, or are
> there sensors that I can do without?

Dan,

Glad to see someone else bringing modern fuel injection to a '61. I swapped
most of a '93 Vette under my '61. Paul Newman did my chassis, and it's orders
of magnitude better than what Chevy designed back in '53. I've got a pretty
comprehensive web site you'll want to take a look at -

	http://reality.sgi.com/gervais/bodyoff.html

If you haven't already, get a helm manual for the donor platform. You'll want
to make sure your sensors are matched to the '727 ECM you're running. Some
folks doing LT1/LT4 swaps have run into issues because the early LT1s used a
different impedance knock sensor than the later LT1s. Don't know if TPI has
similar issues, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Dal Slabough at Lambert Pontiac Buick (800) 711-2793 is a great source for
parts. He sells any GM part and Helm manuals at 5-10% over cost.

Good Luck.

Joe

Joe Gervais                   gervais at sgi.com
Product Line Manager          (650) 933-7479 voice
High Performance Networking   (650) 932-7479 fax

SGI              		www.sgi.com
1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mail Stop 855, Mountain View, CA 94043