Prowler V6

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon May 31 21:57:43 GMT 1999

The ZZ3 and ZZ4 have cast cranks.  The ZZZ, ZZ1 and ZZ2 are forged.  I have
a new ZZZ if anyone is interested.

1969 was the first year for 4 bolt Chevy SB.  Z-28 and LT-1 only.  L82 later
also.  I have never heard of a 10,000 rpm stock Chevy.  Lots of trucks got
cast cranks with 4 bolt.  Cast iron is a very good material to build a cheap
crank with.  Cranks are stiffness limited, not strength limited at low rpm.
The high winding motors need forged cranks.  4 bolt blocks are very good for
improved bearing alignment for high engine loads even at low to moderate
rpm.  Just like trucks do.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>