gm ecm's/efi on mopar

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Nov 9 01:39:59 GMT 1999

> The fellow that did my rad is looking at making his 440 efi.  He likes the
> idea of going port injection.  He has the equipment to mach injector bosses
> ect.

http://xephic.dynip.com/dodge/383intake.htm is where my converted intake
is.  Its mounted on the 400cid engine, ready to go, for port injection,
using the 7749 Sy/Ty ECM with modified code.  Worked well on the stroked
383 twin turbo I blew up, but it blew up due to overrevving it on the
defective, taped together dyno, not because the engine was misbuilt or
the EFI (though I did eliminate the rev limiter - doh!

> Now he also has a 6 pac intake.  We were thinking maybe he could mount 3 Tpi
> TB and run a linkage with a TPS on one of them and IAC  probably on the
> center TB.  Using a mod gm fuel rail.  Any other ideas?  What kind of ECM

Well, the IAC tubes need to be large enough that the engine will idle.
The IAC is nothing more than a servo, so one can fabricate a 4-wire
servo to pull the throttle cable in or not, that's not that difficult. I
used an old printer motor (4 wire servo) during testing of the ECM and
the code I was playing with since I didn't have a working GM IAC at the
time.

> would work good in this application?  Has there been anything done with

7749 Syty, 165 Camaro/Transam/Vette, 730 Camaro/Transam/Vette, pretty
much any of them that you find a programmer software that you like.

> greatly appreciated.  Also has equipment to make alum intake, ie could mod
> mopar intake to run Tpi runners and plenum?  Methinks not enough flow for

Well, for my mopar engine I am using a 4000 RPM aluminum edelbrock
intake, but for my buick V6, which used port injection based on an
electromotive Tec II, I fabricated the intake (long runners) from
scratching, using thin-wall plate aluminum, I cut up, and brazed
together.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology