No subject

Wed Nov 10 21:46:57 GMT 1999

0
Subject: [admin] What next.... (MUST READ)

***               direct replies to this email only to             ***
***   diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu or myself at jsg at donet.com ***

Huston, we have a problem.....

Since I left OSU about a year and a half ago, we have been fortunate
in that they (my friends at OSU) have tolerated hosting our mailing
site. Unfortunately, this is about to end. We have till the end of
December.

I've made a few inquiries, and I don't see anyway that I can continue
these lists for less than $2400 a year.

I'm look for ideas or a volunteer to continue these lists.

Currently, the membership is 795 on DIY_EFI, 433 on efi332, and 282 on
gmecm. Traffic is on the order of 795*17k + 433*10k + 282*80k =
40MBytes+ (on heavy days more like 120M) of email a day. List
functions currently include web w/cgi, anonymous ftp, and mail server.

I'm open to ideas...

john gwynne