[admin] What next.... (MUST READ)

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Thu Nov 11 22:52:15 GMT 1999

> I sent a reply to diy_efi but it looks like most of the discussion is on
> the other lists.  I'll summarize, if we can scrounge a PC and get it
> configured I can get a free co-location at an ISP that a family member
> runs.  Only problem is not having a list member "on the spot" to kick it
> when necessary, but I think that's a minor problem.  They're on one or
> two big pipes, so throughput isn't a problem (diy_Efi gets OUT of digest
> mode!).

I see Charles has a PC available _and_ is in Houston, so...

It's been suggested that FreeBSD would be better for us
than Linux.  Either is OK by me, but I'll take the FreeBSD
side of the argument unless someone really persuades me otherwise.

To get things up and running fast, I'd suggest the machine be
put in place with nothing much more than the OS, secure shell
and outgoing ftp.

I'd rather have our own server than the free lists.  They are
supported by advertising.  It may be unobtrusive now...

Orin.