Aldl Communication Again

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Nov 23 22:21:56 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Aldl Communication Again

>From time to time, I've had all kinds of ignition interference problems.
I'd suggest:
Changing Plug wires.
Are you running greater plug gaps then really needed?.
What kind of air gap is there in the cap to rotor?.  Might measure other
brands to min air gap.  The "air gap" is just to set a min firing voltage..
Is the phasing of the distributor, right, meaning the rotor right at the
terminal for the appropriate plug.
Is there some oem ignition sheilding missing?.
Sometimes a real honkin coil isn't really necessary, specially if jetted
right.
(Oh for a WB O2)
While I have little in car time with diacom, RF will drive any of my
scanners ditsy..
Grumpy