How completcated does Efi HAVE to be? Not that complicated!

Will McGonegal McGonegal.Will at etc.ec.gc.ca
Fri Oct 8 13:40:39 GMT 1999

>>to do a reasonable job of EFI. However, you WILL need the crankshaft position
>>sensor, which means you need the flywheel, transfer case and the actual
>>sensor.

>Surely it doesn't have to be *that* accurate? Why not use the coil? 2 per
>Rev should be enough, you only need speed not accurate position?

>Ade

I'd agree, you DON'T need the crankshaft position sensor (flywheel, transfer case and the actual sensor).  An input from the spark ignition will sufice (distributor? surely that's already on the engine).  That's
all you  need to get speed.  You can use timers to delay injector firings after the spark triger, if you MUST get complicated.

How can I get one of those cheapy Mini injection systems in Canada?!

Will McGonegal
Project Engineer/Dynamometer Developer
Emissions Research and Measurment Division
Environment Canada