DIY_EFI Digest V4 #567

Tom Parker parkert at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 8 11:06:57 GMT 1999

DIY_EFI Digest <DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

>Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 19:40:45 +0100
>From: Ade + Lamb Chop <alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk>
>Subject: RE: How completcated does Efi HAVE to be?

>At 05:00 06/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>I vaguely think that you only need a throttle position sensor and a map
>sensor
>>to do a reasonable job of EFI. However, you WILL need the crankshaft
>>position sensor, which means you need the flywheel, transfer case and the
>>actual sensor.

>Surely it doesn't have to be *that* accurate? Why not use the coil? 2 per
>Rev should be enough, you only need speed not accurate position?

If you want to do ignition from the computer, then you need to know rather
accuratly. If you are going to leave the distributor, then yes, using the
coil would work.

Now, are you guys on the digest, or is it just me. I remember a few months ago
the server got constapated and we were all switched onto the digest. I had to
resign for a while, and now I'm back, but on the digest still, is everyone
digesting?

Tom Parker - parkert at ihug.co.nz
           - http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8381/