DIY_EFI Digest V4 #570

Ade + Lamb Chop alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 10 17:01:57 GMT 1999

At 15:00 09/10/99 -0400, DIY_EFI Digest wrote:
>I think you could easily do with only the distributor as a crank position
>input, SO LONG AS YOU DO NOT CONTROL THE IGNITION SYSTEM from the
computer. If
>you want to do ignition timing, then those errors are going to hit you (well,
>I have a qualitative feeling that they will matter).

If you are controling the igntion system you would have a VERY accurate CPS
so you would just take the speed reading for the Fuel injection from the
CPS. The whole point of using the coil is that you don't have a CPS in the
first place as the engine was orriginally a carbed engine and the CPS is
expensive for minis at the moment.

Ade