EFI for 71 vette

Carl Summers intech at writeme.com
Sun Oct 17 02:37:15 GMT 1999

Hi Doug,
    There are some really nice units out there but I still haven't seen
anything I like(under $5000.00) better than a GM computer for a daily
driver,,,it offers you closed loop for better gas mileage, spark knock
control and even checks for octane upon start up to just name a few.....the
downside is without software to make the job easier you have to do a bunch
of work in hex once you locate the tables..(the breakdown of the 7730 is
completely available) Use any manifold you want, get the correct size
injectors(we can help with that) Use a Gm distibutor and sensors,,,,you can
buy an eprom burner and erasure cheap on ebay( http://www.ebay.com ) do a
search under eprom....I will go into further detail on how to do this job if
you are interested...I am currently doing a 68 camaro with a 396 multi
port(my own, basically a tunnel ram and a custom plenum) and am even having
the GM 7730 control the fuel enrichment and spark table for the
nitrous(still working on that but close) This car should run 11's without
nitrous and 10's with(traction a factor)......ttyl
-Carl Summers
p.s. you can do this very reasonable and have an awesome RELIABLE
system.....check the aftermarkets failure rate....then think again about
using a proven GM system......