Multiport Injection setups and Design

Ned Williams willian at sti.imshealth.com
Fri Oct 22 18:04:36 GMT 1999

Howdy everyone,

    I'm new to the list so please ecuse any mishaps on this post,my
first. I am in the process of fabricating a multi Port fuel injection
for Full Size Jeeps that are equipped with the AMC 360 or 401 engines. I
have been in contact with several efi and dfi vendors,and currently have
a metal fabrication discussion going on with one of the design engineers
over at Holley. What I was wondering, was a while back on one of the
little jeep(cj's and wranglers) websites someone coverted a amc straight
6 to EFI using a system off a chevy astro, the ECM was reprogrammed for
him by someone off this list. So I am curious has anyone attempted such
a ecm reprog on say a Ponitac ECM out of a 90 an up v8 based Firebird/TA
or a 90 and up Camaro or Vette? At the current time I am thinking of
using as much as I can from a 94 camaro I found junked, I would like to
use the injectors,ecm and as much of harness as possible, based on
intake spacing I already know I will need to fab my own fuel rails and
mod an existing manifold. Due to the fact that I am on a limited budget
been considereing using a stock jeep v8 intake, they are very basic
spread bore designs with a single plane underneath. My current thought
is to machine out the spread bores,leaving an open faced single plan
manifold.
For my air valve the Holley engineer suggested using an old quadra jet
and removing the venturies, which is what he did on his own custom
system.

any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome

thanks
Ned