Why do you want to convert to Injection?

Ade + Lamb Chop alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 06:15:57 GMT 1999

Hi All,

Since I have been on this list I have seen a fair amount of people
Converting to Efi of some variant or other. Personally I am here to learn
about Efi so I don't have to pay some rover dealer large amounts of money
when (not if, we are talking about Rover remember) my Fiancee's Mpi Rover
Mini Cooper stops working properly. I understand that for the ultimate
control over ignition and fuel electronics is the way to go but surely for
a road car even if you are going for as much power as you can get is it
really worth all that hassle? Surely you cannot gain more than a few Hp or
mpg even the emmisions gains cannot be that great can they?

So come on guys what important detail have I missed? Personally I don't
think I will be converting my mini from a nice SU carb and distributor
ignition (electronic points) Unless somebody convices me otherwise.

<now where did I put that Fire proof jacket>

Ade