EFI COnversion Torque?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Oct 26 21:36:42 GMT 1999

> I had to think about this for a minute.
> If you are converting a performer manifold designed to work  wet, with a carb, to dry
> PFI, will it still have the same torque characteristics?.

Not sure who asked this, I find digest mode irritating.  Anyway, if you
convert a carb intake to TBI, you will experience the same fuel pooling
issues for the most part because the fuel is still pre-runner.  Minor
difference might occur because EFI is more precise than a system
affected by changes in motion (float bowl slosh, inertia on the valving,
idle circuits, etc).

For TPI, SFI & PFI, you'll find that you will make at least the same
torque, if not a little more, because the runners are still the same
length, diameter, etc, tuned for a specific RPM range for its max
torque, however you have then added more precise fuel metering, so
through a little fancy table editing, you can get a little more out of
it.  Masters of the Code obviously would do better than a monkey with a
prom burner like myself :)