EFI Conversions/Fuel Rails

Frederic Breitwieser Frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Oct 26 20:57:17 GMT 1999

Howdy Ned,

>questions though, How did you get the Injector
>bungs lined up perfectyly?(or did you) the fab
>guys over at holley seem to express this as
>absolutly critical.

Ahhh Grasshopper... that is the secret :)

Actually, its not as difficult as it looks.  Measure, measure, measure, then
center punch the holes on the aluminum intake, then drill.  When you install
the injector bungs, make sure they are too long, then mill off the top and
mill off the bottom on a different machine.  Then magically, they are about
the same height.  The pictures are misleading, the injector bungs on my
intake are 'damn close' to the same height, but slightly off.  Since the
inside of the bungs are machined to fit the body of the injector, a good
part of the injector fits inside with the o-ring, so if they aren't exactly
the same height, it makes little to no difference - there is enough
"throat" in the bungs that the o-rings will make a good seal, even with 1/8"
of positioning travel.

Not bad, eh?  I did the same on the fuel rail side, so I have the same
amount of adjustment, though its only 1/16" of adjustment space since the
injectors are shaped different on the tops of the injector body.

>Also I am curious if you have any url's for
>your fuel rails as I am have been pondering
>my rail design

Um, I just never took pictures of them, but I can do that.  If I don't post
a link in the next day or two, just remind me, I'll toss them on the coffee
table and snap a few pictures.  They are fairly simple.  Instead of using a
rectangular bar and boring that, I used round bar stock and machined
injector top plates and welded them together.  Entirely too much work.  A
rectangular bar would have been much easier.

Frederic