list newbie - fi wanabee

David Brode dbrode at hereintown.net
Fri Oct 29 01:16:12 GMT 1999

Hello all,

 Thanks to everyone that responded to my post.

 I think I'll stay away from a wet manifold FI. If I can't fangle a
port injection of some kind on my blow through project, I'll
stick with the #4781 850 carb.

 I've looked around at the archives and have learned some.

Frederic;
Why is the sy/ty ecu easier to change? Are ecu changes hard to do?
Are there fellows that will do it for a few bucks, or is it a long drawn
out affair? I assume the sy/ty ecu would be pricey/rare.

 Are there words I should use to search archives to learn about all the
components I would need for a system? I know some will find it odd, but I know VERY
little about fi. I know I'll need an ecu, 02 sensor, mas [or?], 8 [or 16?]
injectors, tb or two, hp fuel pump, bi-pass boost referenced regulator.....???.

Thanks again everyone.
Dave Brode
Frostburg, MD
511" tt pickup project