Manual idle control

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Thu Sep 2 14:03:09 GMT 1999

Hi Gary,
 Back in my cable television days, I used a cruise control diaphram off
of a chrysler to pull the throttle open a little, when running the
bucket on my bucket truck. It was wired to trigger a vacuum solenoid
that controlled the cruise diaphram, whenever any of the bucket control
switches were activated. This was due to having an engine operated pump
running off of a V belt, and would speed the operation of the bucket,
upon demand. I could also bypass this for low speed operation in tight
quarters. I had this bucket really flyin when I wanted it to. :)

> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 07:33:14 -0600
> From: Gary Moulton <gmoabrim at lasal.net>
> Subject: Manual idle control
>
> Hi,
> I have a 1994 Jeep, 4.0L engine with MOPAR's efi system. I would like to
> electrically control the idle for a slower speed and be able to increase
> the idle for winching or running my onboard air compressor. Back in my
> GM repair days we had a tool that plugged between the IAC and its
> harness with a switch that would step the idle up or down, can a
> home-brew item like this be built for this type of efi system?
> Thanks in advance
> GaryM

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.03 at 110.45     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral