Correction/comments/V4 #501/Lotus/sizing

K V Jaeger WhistleBlowers at bigpond.com
Fri Sep 3 09:01:22 GMT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BEF62E.08BFAB20

Jon,

In amongst the fruit buns and iced coffee of morning tea, I neglected to =
mention one very important part to the CFM calculation. I stated the =
formula incorrectly. I was going to mention air requirements of 2 stroke =
and 4 stroke (or even Mazda Rotary), but got side tracked.
In the case of a 4 stroke engine, induction occurs on every other turn =
of the engine and will therefore pump half the air previously stated.=20
What is possible on the two stroke engine, is something else again. =
Orbital Engine Corporation of Western Australia have some good reading =
matter on two stroke breathing. www.orbeng.com.au I have not checked =
their site for some time. They also have a factory in Detroit, but I do =
not know about a US website.
=20
Sorry about the goose chase,
Regards,
K.T. =20

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BEF62E.08BFAB20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jon,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In amongst the fruit buns and iced =
coffee of=20
morning tea, I neglected to mention one very important part to the CFM=20
calculation. I stated the formula incorrectly. I was going to mention =
air=20
requirements of 2 stroke and 4 stroke (or even Mazda Rotary), but got =
side=20
tracked.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the case of a 4 stroke engine, =
induction occurs=20
on every other turn of the engine and will therefore pump half the air=20
previously stated.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What is possible on the two stroke =
engine, is=20
something else again. Orbital Engine Corporation of Western Australia =
have some=20
good reading&nbsp;matter on two stroke breathing. <A=20
href=3D"http://www.orbeng.com.au">www.orbeng.com.au</A> I have not =
checked their=20
site for some time. They also have a factory in Detroit, but I do not =
know about=20
a US website.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sorry about the goose =
chase,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>K.T.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BEF62E.08BFAB20--