cruise control servo - fly by wire

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Fri Sep 10 05:10:15 GMT 1999

>Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:57:52 -0400
>From: "Clare Snyder" <claresnyder at home.com>
>
>I would think the electric cruise units might stand a chance - the vacuum,
>definitely NOT.

Ok, I'll bite. Electric cruise control units? Is there an aftermarket
(or cheap OE unit) I can get? The stock cruise control on the car is
the vaccum type, so if I'm not gonna use that, the alternative has to
be affordable (under $300 or so for the servo part).

I had some ideas about rigging up 4-6 different solenoid valves, each
with a different size restrictor, to be able to open and close a vaccum
type unit at different speeds. It seems like a lot of work, though, and
even so not likely to give good results.

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I'm checking with one of my
model airplane friends to see if they have any usable servo stuff.

   Chris C.